Thursday, January 21, 2010

My youth group likes to dance to 'Single Ladies'.

So, I came back from the library the 2nd time this week.

I went there yesterday, and I barely got anything done. Reason being? Well, my friends and I rented a room in the library (I didn't know you could do that until exam week) and we were studying hard at first, but after 20 minutes or so we started to chat up and tell each other funny stories. And well, we got into a situation where we had to do something embarrasing. I'm giggling right now just thinking about it.

Well, my friend. She had to do go in the library lobby scream 'Oh my gosh!' and run into the girl's bathroom. After a minute or so, she should just walk out just normal. Anyways, she actually did it, and when she screamed...she screamed louder than I thought she would. But it was hilarious, nonetheless. I recorded it on my friends phone, and I'm waiting for him to send me the video.

Another prank that my other friend did was that he ran through the lobby, tripped himself purposely, and just yell in pain. He was like "Ahh...shhh....my knee!" It was the most hilarious thing in the world because he sounded like he was acting everything out. And my friend was recording this too, he was secretly recording it. So he had grabbed a book off the shelf and was pretending to read it. The book was called 'Grandmother Moses'. Anyways, we heard the lady at the front desk say "I think he's faking it." After my friend left. And the other lady goes "I don't think so." and then the other lady goes "Well, he's walking perfectly fine now!" She was watching him walk though the glass doors to the main library. I was laughing so hard. I hope they know that all the pranks we did were by the same group of friends. I really hope they figure that out. Moreover, I wish someone would post it on MLIA. Hopefully.

Anyways, the Winter Retreat was super fun. Other than the cabins and gross showers and toilets, I was really enjoying every bit of it. The cabins looked like boot camp stuff, and the toilets didn't even have a lock on it! It was so old, that the lock was just gone. But whatevs.

But I did enjoy it very much, I felt like our Youth Group has bonded much closer than expected. And that the new YG kids got to experience a lot and how our YG functions. I feel really happy when they look up to me and such. I like that attention. Even though our YG is pretty small (Around 30-40 people) I still felt a close connection and it was easier to talk to them. Because I don't like having a big group, then you're not as close to everyone. But I really love my YG from the bottom of my heart. We have the perfect type of people that are so lovable and funny and weird. I'm glad I'm part of this wonderful Youth group (:

Anyways, I will be leaving to New York tomorrow! Time has flown by so quickly! So right after school, I'm going straight to the airport. I already packed most of my stuff, and tomorrow morning I have to pack the rest before I go to school. Eww, I have to wake up earlier. Anyways, I'm going because my cousin got accepted into FIT (Fashion institute) and I'm going to help her with college things and since she's from Korea I'm going to help her with a little English. She pretty much knows the basics, but I'll just teach her anyways with the little time we have. I'm supposed to come back at 10:30 pm. So, if I do go to school on Monday, I'll be dead. Hopefully my mom will let me skip!

Oh yeah! When my brother came to pick me up from the library, his car was doing this weird thing. He has this cassette tape that he uses so that he can plug up his ipod (I'm not sure what it's called) and when he turns off the car, the radio starts playing, but when he turns his car on, the radio turns off. We couldn't turn off the radio when his car was off, so we had to take it to the shop at like 9pm. I also had to make him brownies for his Ecology class. They're having a bake sale. I only got to make 9, which is very little. Hopefully he'll still get his extra credits!

Anyways, I'm going to sleep early tonight! I slept at 9:30 yesterday, it was a freakin' miracle! I usually go to sleep at around 2am. I feel horrible in the morning. But I have to save up my energy for New York! :)

I'll post when I come back!

No comments:

Post a Comment